Take Care and Prepare!
- Take a look at our schedule & decide which class you wish to attend.
- Sign up for class online to reserve your space.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before class time to meet the instructor, prepare for class, relax on your mat, and be present before class.
- Bring a large towel, yoga mat and water bottle.
- Wear fitted exercise clothes that you can sweat in, best use dri-fit materials, no cotton. Please refrain from using any type of perfume or strong scent to class.
- Please remain in the room throughout class. Our teachers will open the doors during class. Rest on your mat if needed. Bring enough water and use the restroom prior to class. We avoid walking out because it disrupts the flow of class.
- Hydrate Prior Practice. Please bring a bottle of water and make sure to hydrate at least two hours before class. We also recommend you keep an empty stomach a couple hours before class. Daily intake of 8–10 glasses of water (8 oz. per glass) for normal activity, not including exercise. At least 2 hours prior to exercise, drink 16 oz. of water or fluid without caffeine. Since the environment in our xploreyoga classes increases body fluid loss, the above guidelines become even more important. Of additional concern, caffeinated beverages such as coffee, many teas, and sodas will increase fluid loss by increasing urinary output. Wine, beer, and other alcoholic beverages cause fluid loss as well. Students who drink beverages with caffeine or alcohol should consume equal amounts of water (in addition to the daily recommendation of 8–10 glasses) to avoid dehydration.
- Take care of your body. During your practice, it is important to be honest with yourself, and accept where you are in the stages of growth as you work continually to improve yourself. Listen to your body, do as much as your body allows you to do today. Rest if you need to. Focus on yourself, keep the pose steady and firm, the mind calm and content. Be aware that perfection occurs when your effort is relaxed. Exactly what your body can do today is perfect. Focus on strong, steady and calm, maintaining an even breath; this creates the balance.
- Come back to practice with us. We recommend practicing at least 3 times a week. If you are well hydrated, nourished and it is good to practice daily. Four days a week is usually very good! We look forward to sharing great times at our studio with you. Every day is a new day and a new opportunity to do our best!